Tuesday 30 July 2013

"It's all about hydration" - Bargain Cruelty Free Moisturisers!

I poke at my skin in the mirror, complaining that I have too many blackheads and that I may be getting lines across my forehead. "Zoe, it's all about hydration," my sister tells me after I ask her advice on skin care; her skin is looking exceptional right now. "Jo's grandma used Nivea creme everyday and she didn't get wrinkles til she was in her 70's!"

I have previously written about my skincare routine, which went completely out of the window when I went backpacking. I still really love the Burt Bee's scrub and Liz Earle cleanser, but they're a bit out of my poor person price range now that my lifestyle is more focused on saving for travel and wanting to go back to university to do my Masters degree.

My sister tells me that Jo, who also has beautiful skin, just uses regular soap to wash her face but makes sure she applies moisturiser twice a day. Of course, drinking plenty of water is essential too, which she assures me cures everything including, but not limited to: headaches, spotty skin and period pain.

Her stand on buying expensive cosmetics? "They all do the same thing. These fancy products have not been proved to make you look younger at all." Well, she has good skin and I'm fed up of paying expensive prices when maybe I only need what she uses: a cheaper scrub, cleansing wash and a twice daily slathering of budget moisturiser (and that means less than £5 for 100ml).

Marks & Spencer's Formula Light Moisturiser
At £4 for 100ml this bargain moisturiser contains chamomile extract. It is fragrance free and hypoallergenic, great for those with sensitive skin.









Superdrug Vitamin E SPF15 Moisturising Day Cream
Superdrug have some great reasonably priced facial moisturisers, however this is their cheapest at only £2.99 for 100ml. On the website it has many positive reviews from satisfied customers, proving cheaper products can be the better products. I think this is the moisturiser I will be going for as I am fond of protecting my skin from the sun and Vitamin E is also meant to be good for scarring.
Honesty Geranium & Ylang Ylang Moisturising Lotion
Honesty, based in my home county of Derbyshire, have produced a huge range of animal friendly cosmetics for many years. At £6.15 for 200ml. This lotion is suitable for facial and body use. It also comes in a larger size for more frequent use.
All moisturisers are from companies approved on the Go Cruelty Free website.

1 comment:

  1. I have a limited budget too, so some of the designer names don't get a look in. I have been using different brands of vitamin E day cream and I have to say Superdrug has been one of them.

    ReplyDelete